Friday, July 19, 2013

4 weeks and time for work!

Had my 3rd check up.  I still have this almost sunburn sensation on my stomach which apparently is an uncommon side affect.  Laying around the house is not going to make it any better and working is not going to make it any worse so I might as well get paid.

AND... I was promoted to Soft Foods!  YAY!

Suddenly I realized... how am I suppose to eat during work.  So I started my internet search for pouch friendly foods that I could make a batch of and take to work for 2-3 feedings a day.  A shopping trip was in order!

I got several Ziploc containers.  They have perfect 2 oz and 4 oz sizes.  I loaded them with Apple sauce, cottage cheese, Wendy's chili.  Keep easy to eat puree foods you know you can eat just in case your soft food option does not work for you.  Foods I could eat one day may not do well the next.  I have had to "cash out" a few times at work from one bite of something I was ok with the night before.

On the android I got a new app Pinterest.  And I searched for Bariatric Recipes and found a crestless pizza and boy was I dying for something a bit Italian.  It was simple enough to make.  The bottom was a mix of cream cheese, eggs and parmesan with spices.  You bake that and then put pizza toppings you like on top.  I made mine with a blended chicken and onion topping.  It got me through the entire week of work with few issues.

Chicken can be a bit rough.  Baked is iffy.  Sometimes its soft and juicy enough to get down.  Sometimes it gets hung up and you have to make a decision if your gonna tough it out or up.  I have found its just plain easier to get it up and get it over with.  Canned chicken has been perfect for me so far.

Its all trial and error.  One new thing at a time.   If I have something new I will make it the only new thing for the day and make sure I have lots of safe options on hand.  Slow and steady keeps their lunch down.




No comments:

Post a Comment