Friday, July 19, 2013

FINALLY! Puree food here I come!

2 week post-op appointment went well.  My work is rather physical so I am out of work another 2 weeks.  Good news is... I got promoted to PUREE FOODS!  (Angels sing as the heavens open above!)

I gotta say, during pre-op I dreaded this stage cause I have never been a fan of puree consistency.  I thought the 2 weeks of liquid would be easy fresh out of surgery.  Boy did I have it backwards.    I have never been so happy to have mushy, sloppy, shapeless food in my life!

     Wendy's Chili!!!  Dave Thomas (founder of Wendy's for those that are not old enough to remember) has a special place in my heart.   During the informational classes for WLS our instructor raved about how awesome it was for the puree stage.  I am going to give her such a hug when I see here again!  I tried to make my own to have on tap at the house but it did not settle at all.  Instant discomfort.  I just could not get it mashed and chewed enough.  My husband made many many stops on the way home to get me a Large cup.

The nutritional value is 270 calories and 19g protein in a large cup.  Early on I could get almost 3 meals out of 1 large container.  By 4 weeks it was closer to 2 meals per large cup.

No rice, no oatmeal, no grits.  I was heartbroken.  I was looking forward to oatmeal.  These expand in your stomach.  Not pouch friendly.

Foods I used during this stage:

Protein frozen shakes - Recipes I found on Android app Body By Vi app on Google Play store.
WENDY'S CHILI - Love Love Love
Brunswick Stew  - This required some careful, thorough chewing as it can be a little thick and even found a couple small bones.  Restaurants in this area sell this by the pint.  Kings BBQ and Parker's BBQ.
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese - Lots and lots of it
Jello - Great cooling sensation

I did not venture far during this stage.  I found what I could eat and stuck to it.  After the rough attempt to make my own chili I wanted to stay on the safe side.




No comments:

Post a Comment