Friday, July 19, 2013

Protein Shake.. you backstabber you

I finally got a handle on the water problem.  Some days I do better than others.  But for the most part I am doing pretty well with it.

At this point a new problem arose!  The protein powder is no longer my friend.  I had 4 flavors from the same brand and not a one was settling well.  I wont burden you with the brand name as I am sure most people will do just fine with it.  I tried different consistencies.  I tried adding spices and extracts.  Nothing worked.  Just the smell began to turn my stomach.  I tried another brand and within a day the same problem.  I just could not take it any more!  '

In the end I went to Sams Club and got Premier Protein shakes.  That would have been impossible! Premier shakes had been my morning breakfast during pre-op.  It was a little rough as you had to drink nearly twice the normal daily limit of the protein powder to get in the 60 grams you needed but it got me through the rest of the first 2 weeks.  Atkins shakes would have been the next step down but the protein per bottle is only 15g instead of the Premiers 30g and would have needed to drink 4 per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment